What I’m loving this month
Every month I share a bit of what has caught my eye. It’s usually a mix of all the things! Design trends I’m loving, new skincare products I’m testing out, additions to my wardrobe, or recipes I’ve tried. It’s safe to say these are faves that I would probably talk your ear off about if we were sitting down in real life to catch up over a glass of something bubbly and maybe a brownie or two!
- Fall is on the way and that means crisp, cool nights perfect for curling up on the sofa with a mug of hot cocoa and a soft, cozy blanket! Pumpkin EVERYTHING! And, comfort food season! I recently shared my favorite fall comfort food recipes we can’t get enough of! If you’re looking for some new fall favorites to try, check them out!
- My skin has been out of wack and extra sensitive it seems since I had surgery in February. And, with all the mask-wearing, I’ve been breaking out more than normal. I’ve been trying to find some clean skincare products with the hopes of restoring balance and soothing my skin. A few things I’ve used since the beginning of the year have helped a little but don’t seem to be the right mix for my skin type. It wasn’t until I was re-introduced to a few products from Beautycounter that I started to see a difference. For the past couple of months, I’ve been using their Countercontrol Clear Pore Cleanser to help control breakouts with success. It’s been gentle on my skin and still strong enough to help heal the breakouts. Last month, I began using their Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum and it’s seriously lived up to all the hype! My skin is super glowy and well, radiant! I’m not ready to commit to the full regimen yet but want to try one of the moisturizers next!
- DIY old-world looking pottery vases are super trendy right now. There are so many good DIYs out there and many different methods to achieve this look for less. I love how Cami from Tidbits transformed this piece from Homegoods into an old-world looking piece of pottery using joint compound. Lucy from Craft Berry Bush made a beautiful faux concrete planter using a mixture of Plaster of Paris, sand, and paint. Jenna’s DIY Hypertufa Stone Planter is one of my favorites! The end result looks like an old-world stone planter but for a fraction of the cost! Super easy and doesn’t require a ton of materials. You can find her tutorial over on her blog at Jenna Sue Design Co.
- Our weather is shifting slightly. Bringing cooler mornings and nights with it. Cool enough that I’ve been throwing on a sweatshirt at night when Moose and I go for our evening walk. Since we’re still mostly staying in and I’m still job hunting, I’ve been looking for a few cozy, inexpensive sweatshirts to add to my rotation. I recently scooped up this cozy and soft sweatshirt from Target. I also want to order this sweatshirt from Target as well since I couldn’t find my size in store. It’s so soft and lightweight. Perfect for transitioning from summer to fall. I also love the idea of cardigans as lightweight jackets and love the look of this charcoal cardigan also from Target.
- Even though we are still plugging away on our second-floor hallway reno, I’ve been secretly designing and making plans to tackle another space in our home. I’ve been dying to do some pattern mixing and of course, began my search on Pinterest to figure out the direction I want to take. I’ve always been in love with this beautiful space. I’m a huge fan of the blue built-ins but what really gets me is tented fabric ceiling! This little dining nook vignette is also a favorite of mine for its pattern mixing. The larger patterned trim on the solid drapes mixed with the tighter, smaller print on the shades, and that pop of red in the pillows on the bench. Just beautiful!
- Fall decor hasn’t quite made it into the inside of our home yet but our front porch planters got a seasonal makeover last week! I used mums and also mixed in some ornamental cabbage and kale with our petunias from the summer for texture and interest. I shared my tips on how I create beautiful fall planters and you can read all about it here on the blog!
Looking for more of my favorites? Find all the things I’m loving each month here!
Leave a Reply