Every month I share a bit of what has caught my eye. It’s usually a mix of all the things! Design trends I’m loving, new skincare products I’m testing out, additions to my wardrobe, or recipes I’ve tried. It’s safe to say these are faves that I would probably talk your ear off about if we were sitting down in real life to catch up over a glass of something bubbly and maybe a brownie or two!
November 2020 favorites
- If you saw a recent post of mine then you know I’m getting ready to start another project in our home. I shared a look at our guest bedroom before and the goals I have for the refresh. I started out on Pinterest searching for inspiration and fell in love with a few images that got the wheels turning. Mark D. Sikes’ Sleeping Beauty bedroom from the 2018 Kips Bay Showhouse is one of my favorites. I love the mix of green and blue and the stunning Gracie Chinoiserie wallpaper on the walls. Another favorite image of mine is of Hannah Cecil Gurney’s spare bedroom in London. This room features another gorgeous green handpainted wallpaper but this one is by her family’s company, de Gournay. The pops of yellow bring a cozy, nature-inspired vibe that feels fresh and welcoming.
- After the initial hunt for inspiration for our guest bedroom on Pinterest, I started looking for the perfect wallpaper to use. I’m looking for something that helps bring cozy, warm, and inviting vibes to the space. I would also love to find something with a great color pallet that I can pull from and use throughout the space. A few that have caught my eye include this Havenview Mural from Anthropologie. This cheeky Acacia wallpaper by Cole and Son found on Wallpaperdirect is a favorite as well. Also, Emperors Garden by G P & J Baker has me dreaming of the English countryside and cozy cottages.
- For Halloween this year I wanted to add a touch of magic and wonder to our decor. I decided to DIY floating candles and sourced these LED candles on Amazon for my project. Now that Halloween is over, I’ve decided to transition them into my holiday decor for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Currently, I’m using them in our dining room on the table but may move them around as I start pulling out our decor.
- As we head into cooler drier weather, my skin starts to crave thicker and more nourishing face creams. Resveratrol Lift Night Infusion Cream by Caudalie has been my go-to for a few years now. I love the consistency of this product. It’s super hydrating and lightly scented making it perfect for my sensitive skin. My go-to daytime moisturizer is Vitamin C Ester Photo-Brightening Moisturizer SPF 30 by Perricone MD. Super lightweight, non-greasy, and I love that it adds an invisible protective shield between my skin and all the environmental stressors. Because my skin is a little inflamed and irritated right now, I’m thinking of trying their Hypoallergenic Nourishing Moisturizer to help calm and soothe my skin. If you’re a Beauty Insider at Sephora, they have a holiday sale going on right now through Nov 9. Perfect for stocking up or trying something new!
- If you’re looking for a new show to binge, I HIGHLY recommend The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix. Great storyline and acting and the set design and wardrobe are also a delight!
Looking for more of my favorites? Find all the things I’m loving each month here!