Every month I share a bit of what has caught my eye. It’s usually a mix of all the things! Design trends I’m loving, new skincare products I’m testing out, additions to my wardrobe, or recipes I’ve tried. It’s safe to say these are faves that I would probably talk your ear off about if we were sitting down in real life to catch up over a glass of something bubbly and maybe a brownie or two!
February 2021 Favorites
- I’m not one to really celebrate Valentine’s Day. I don’t typically decorate the house or make a big deal for the holiday. Instead, I acknowledge the day in smaller ways. Exchange cards with Mike, make a yummy dinner for the two of us at home, and stay cozy and warm in my Valentine’s Day Sweatshirt. Super soft, slightly fitted, and simple with a single large heart.
- While Mike and I don’t do a whole lot for Valentine’s Day, we usually do something small. Mike spoils me with fresh flowers and usually something sweet while I make his favorite sugar cookies. These cookies are a family recipe I received from his mom. They are super soft and not too sweet. Most of the time I don’t even add icing because he loves them as is. But, when I want a little something extra I mix some powdered sugar with milk and vanilla and add a thin layer to the cookies. Make these for your loved ones this year and I promise you’ll have a new favorite family recipe!
- I’m really loving the natural wood cabinet trend I’ve been seeing a lot lately in kitchens. One beautiful example is from Corey Damen Jenkins. He broke all the rules in this kitchen and the result is incredible! I love the mix of the white oak upper cabinets with the painted lower cabinets. This historic house kitchen in South Carolina is also very beautiful. This time featuring natural wood lower cabinets with a mix of painted uppers and natural wood open shelving. I also really love the moodier vibe of this kitchen by Tori from Jefferson Home. The medium wood tone lower cabinets are a compliment to the moody blue uppers. Just gorgeous!
- I love a good candle and my recent obsession is one I found at Target. The Elderberry + Hibiscus candle has sweet fruity notes from the elderberry mixed with a fresh floral undernote from the hibiscus. Perfect for these wintery days when I’m craving a bit of spring. I also picked up a diffuser in the same scent.
- A sweet friend of mine introduced me to my first read for 2021. Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times was the book I didn’t know I needed. Putting words and experiences to a lot of things I was feeling after a difficult and trying year. A stark contrast to many books that urge you to push past your discomfort. Instead, the author shows us an alternative. That by embracing our “winters” we give ourselves time to rest, heal, and repair. This was such a great book and a wonderful way to start off 2021.
- Winter wreaks havoc on my hands and the dry heat found indoors doesn’t help much, either. One of my favorite items to combat the dryness is Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. I’ve strategically placed large and small tubes all around the house so I always have one close at hand. A large tube sits on my nightstand to use before bed and when I wake up. I have another large tube downstairs for when I need an extra boost of moisture and a small tube lives in my purse for when I’m out and about. It’s non-greasy and lasts for HOURS. Two things I haven’t been able to find in any other lotion.
Looking for more of my favorites? Find all the things I’m loving each month here!