Every month I share a bit of what has caught my eye. It’s usually a mix of all the things! Design trends I’m loving, new skincare products I’m testing out, additions to my wardrobe, or recipes I’ve tried. It’s safe to say these are faves that I would probably talk your ear off about if we were sitting down in real life to catch up over a glass of something bubbly and maybe a brownie or two!
December 2020 favorites
- It’s that magical time of the year again and my Instagram feed is filling up with beautiful holiday decor inspiration. I’m sharing some of my favorite Christmas trends this month from dried florals and oranges to ribbons and trimmings. I’m saving my favorites to my Pinterest Christmas Inspiration board if you need some ideas this holiday season.
- Dried florals, hydrangeas, in particular, have been trending this holiday season. There are so many creative ways to use them in your decor and I’m sharing some of my favorites. This stunning DIY Christmas garland by David Anger for CB2 stopped me in my tracks and inspired my DIY Christmas wreath this year. I love the pallet and the mix between the dried florals with the eucalyptus mixed with the evergreens. Gwen from The Makerista added dried hydrangeas she collected from her garden to her dining room Christmas trees and it’s perfection! I love all the texture in this dried floral wreath I found on Pinterest. The pinecones, teasels, and pheasant feathers mix beautifully with the dried hydrangeas.
- Another one of my favorite Christmas trends this holiday season is dried oranges. I’m seeing them everywhere and I love the simplicity and cozy traditional vibes they bring to holiday decor. Dried oranges mixed with cinnamon sticks and pinecones make for a beautiful wreath. String them to make a garland and mix them with greenery and bells for a classic but modern look. Thread the dried orange with any colored ribbon and use it as an ornament on your tree. If you want to make your own, here is a great DIY I found on Pinterest: DIY dried orange slices
- One of my favorite activities and holiday traditions is baking cookies for Christmas. Last year, I shared my Christmas cookie roundup with pictures and links for the cookies I made. I’m planning on sharing my 2020 roundup next week but if you’re looking for ideas in the meantime check out my Christmas Cookies board on Pinterest.
- I know a lot of us are spending the holidays at home this year without our families because of surges with the coronavirus. Normally, my mom and sister come into town for a visit and stay with us for 2 weeks. This year though, they have decided to stay safe and stay put so we’ve been getting creative with ways to celebrate together but apart. If you’re having guests in your home this year, why not make their stay extra special? I shared 3 simple additions for creating festive and cozy bedrooms your guests will love. Creating an inviting space to welcome family into your home will bring a smile to their face and let them know you care.
Looking for more of my favorites? Find all the things I’m loving each month here!