Every month I share a bit of what has caught my eye. It’s usually a mix of all the things! Design trends I’m loving, new skincare products I’m testing out, additions to my wardrobe, or recipes I’ve tried. It’s safe to say these are faves that I would probably talk your ear off about if we were sitting down in real life to catch up over a glass of something bubbly and maybe a brownie or two!
April 2021 Favorites
Beauty + Apparel
- We are headed out west which means it’s time to grab a couple of new pieces for our trip. I snagged this Lightspun Button-Front Midi Dress from Madewell. It’s a beautifully soft and lightweight dress that will be perfect for days spent at the winery or dinner out at night. I also grabbed this Square Backpack by A New Day at Target. It’ll be perfect for housing my purse, a book, snacks, and anything else I might need on the plane ride.
- I also scooped up two new pairs of joggers from Old Navy. I really like the Mid-Rise StretchTech Joggers and grabbed them in the Arizona Raisin and Navy colorways. They are lightweight and perfect for running errands as the weather warms up. They will also be perfect to travel in on our plane ride to California.
- I really like testing out new skincare products and I recently picked up a couple of new items from Sephora during their spring sale. One of the beauty consultants recommended Youth to the People’s Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream for my redness and dry skin. While there I also decided to grab Youth to the People’s 15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum to combat dark spots and even out my skin tone. I’ve only been using them for about a week and so far I really like them. No crazy smells like with the previous moisturizer (mentioned here last month) I tried. They both feel amazing on my skin and haven’t caused any irritation which is great since I have sensitive skin.
Home Decor + Design
- I DID IT! I finally signed up for my FIRST One Room Challenge Event (or ORC for short). I’m so excited but also a little nervous. Are you familiar with ORC? It’s a biannual event that happens every year in the spring and fall. It started as a way for home decor and design bloggers and DIYers to come together and transform a room all while supporting and cheering each other on. It’s a great event filled with tons of design inspiration and tips from both the featured designers and guest participants. Stay tuned for more info and the announcement of which room we are tackling in our home!
- I’ve been thrifting a lot lately, looking for a few new things to add to our home for spring. I shared some of my favorite home decor items I like to shop for at thrift stores on the blog last summer. Candlesticks and art are two of those things and I’ve had pretty good luck with them recently when shopping. Thrifting is a great way to add uniqueness and personality to your home. Allowing you to customize it to your tastes without having to spend a ton of money. I also love that it’s great for the environment and prevents these beautiful treasures from ending up in a landfill.
- I always like checking out the new Studio McGee pieces when they arrive at Target. This Large Round Wicker Tray caught my eye and would be perfect styled on a dining room or coffee table or even outside on a patio table. I also love the chambray look of this Woven Textured Throw Pillow. I think they would be beautiful in our living room mixed in with some patterned ones. These Round Rattan Baskets are great. Perfect for corraling blankets and toys. I’m kind of wondering if they could work as planters on our front porch as well if I add an insert. This Decorative Metal Knot would be perfect styled atop a stack of books on a shelf or console table.