Fourth of July is almost here and it feels like summer is flying by! Do you change up your decor for the holiday? We hang bunting outside in the front but inside we don’t usually change our decor. If you’ve been around for a bit or follow me on Instagram, you know I love the color blue and decorating with blue and white. For fun, I thought I would do a roundup of some of my favorite red, white, and blue home decor finds on the internet. These items can be used every day but will also give a nod to the holiday when you don’t want your decor to be a literal representation of the day.
Red, White, and blue inspired home decor finds
Red decor finds
- I don’t tend to gravitate towards red but I do love the deeper shades of burgundy and Bordeaux. This set of Midcentury Bordeaux books is a great way to get a curated set ready to style!
- One of my favorite candles comes in a variety of pretty glass jars. The Capri Blue Volcano candle is the perfect scent for summer and just beautiful at night lit in its iridescent jar.
- Rugs are a great way to bring pops of color into a room. This Vintage Turkish Oversized Rug reads predominantly red but has beautiful blues and creams running through it that would work beautifully in many spaces.
- I great way to decorate with colors you don’t tend to gravitate towards is through the use of textiles. Throw pillows or blankets can easily be swapped out to change up your look. I like this Red Cotton Throw for summer months but it could also be used during the Christmas holiday.
- Speaking of pillows, I love the pattern of this Red Elinah Pillow. Super versatile and a piece that can be mixed in with your summer prints as well as your winter holiday ones!
- Little Skirted Stools are so versatile. Use them as a footstool, for extra seating, or next to a bed or sofa with a tray for a drink or book. I love the print and the muted, dusty red color of this one.
- This little Round Red Porcelain dish with lid would be perfect on a nightstand for storing rings or other pieces of jewelry.
- Our everyday dishes are solid white. I love the idea of mixing in pieces with more color for holidays or special occasions. Along with blue, I also love some of the red transferware pieces that are out there. Like this Oval Porcelain Dish with lid and this Square Serving Dish.
White decor finds
- I love coral. Not only is it a great sculptural piece but it adds so much texture to a space or vignette. This Coral on Crystal Base would be so pretty atop a stack of books or styled in a bookcase with other items.
- Another great vessel to style a shelf with is the White Coco Pedestal Bowl. Perfect for corraling decorative balls or wooden beads. Add these Bleach Dried Star Anise Pods for added textural interest without color.
- I keep seeing little ceramic figurines of dogs in antique shops or popping up on my Instagram feed. This Henry Sculpture in White with Brass is so playful and would be perfect tucked into a bookcase or on a shelf.
- For a fun and playful way to display and contain your house plants, the Grecian Bust Pot is a must. I can’t help but also think of the many ways this could be used during the winter holidays as well. Displaying beautiful greens or ornaments.
- These Indira Pillows and this Corell Throw Blanket will bring texture and interest to your sofa or bed!
- English Hobnail Milk Glass is another favorite of mine to mix in with my decor. Some of the ones I’ve saved on Etsy are this Crimped Rose Bowl Vase, this Round Covered Dish, and this Round Vase.
- When decorating with white, I gravitate towards items that bring in texture to a room like this Cameroon White Juju Hat. It would be beautiful hanging on a wall mixed with mirrors or styled in a vignette suspended on a stand on a console.
- Wooden Bead Garland is another great way to bring texture into a space. I love the look of them styled on a coffee table coming out of a pretty dish or bowl.
Blue decor finds
- You know I love decorating with books and consider it an essential home decor item to have on hand. If you don’t want to go through the trouble of finding and picking out books to style yourself, how about purchasing a curated collection that’s ready to go? The Authentic Decorative Books – By Color Modern Summit ColorPak comes in the prettiest shades of medium to dark blue. You get 10-12 books depending on the thickness and the genres range from period novels and literary works to topical texts.
- Blue and white pottery is timeless and will add character and charm to any space you add it to. I love this little Darcell Square Canister. It would be super cute in the kitchen styled in a coffee station holding sugar or tea bags. Another blue and white piece that would look pretty styled on a shelf is the Lavielle Jar.
- The Lianna Jar is similar in shape to a blue and white piece I have that’s perfect for holding fresh flowers in once the lid is removed. The Blooming Palm Jar is another great option and has such a beautiful pattern with great texture.
- I’m a sucker for blue and white bowls and this 9″ Floral Bowl I found is so lovely. Perfect for serving up sides during a meal or containing fruit on your dining room table when not in use.
- I love my blue and white garden stool and get a ton of use out of it. I pull it outside in the summer and put it between two chairs on the patio to hold drinks. It acts as a side table in our living room or a nightstand in the guest bedroom when the weather cools down. The Zue Garden Stool has a beautiful swirl pattern that gives the piece tons of texture and movement.
- My latest obsession with Jasperware continues with this Wedgewood Blue Trinket Dish in deep blue. I would style it on a nightstand to catch rings or on a console by the door for keys.
- I’m on the hunt for some throw pillows for our living room sofa and one of our guest bedrooms. One of my faves is this Indigo Indian Thistle Flower Pillow. I also really love this Geometric Floral in Sky Blue and the Patmos Stripe in Indigo.
Red, White, and Blue Decor finds for your home
If you’re wanting to add the feel of the holiday to your home without going too literal, these are some of my favorite finds for doing so! They‘re great pieces that work year-round and can be mixed in with many other pieces and styles.
What are some of your favorite red, white, and blue pieces to use during the holiday?